Mid Delta Community Services MDCS Helena

Address: P.O. Box 745
Helena, AR - 72342
(870) 338-6406

About Mid Delta Community Services MDCS Helena

Counties served: Lee, Monroe, Phillips, Prairie.

Arkansas community action agencies (CAAs) provide a variety of opportunities for low- to moderate-income Arkansans to increase their household stability and self-sufficiency levels. Low-income people are provided with opportunities to be engaged members of their communities through volunteerism and other civic activities. People with disabilities and senior citizens are provided with supportive and emergency services that help them maintain an independent living status. Infants, children and youths are provided with developmental services to enable them to reach their full potential.

Arkansas CAAs work with a network of community partners to provide opportunities to families and to improve the living conditions in low-income communities.

Services Provided:
Energy-Efficiency and Utility Assistance Programs
Utility costs for low-income households consume a considerable amount of their monthly incomes. Increased energy-efficiency for these households not only lowers their utility costs, but also lowers energy consumption.

The Arkansas community action agencies provide utility assistance to low-income households through the federally-funded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP). This program operates on a first come-first served basis.Funding is limited.

LIHEAP Regular Assistance Program
Provides payment of a fixed-benefit based upon household monthly income and size. Income guidelines are revised annually. Generally, LIHEAP benefits are paid directly to the utility companies on behalf of the applicant. Qualified households can receive assistance once per program.

LIHEAP Crisis Intervention Program
Provides assistance to low-income households to avoid disconnection or to restore service following disconnection. State policy determines the maximum amount of assistance available per household. Benefits are paid directly to utility companies. Qualified households can receive assistance once per program. A copy of a shut-off notice is required.

Information Needed to Apply:
- Proof of residency
- Proof of income for all household members and from all sources that was received during the month prior to applying for assistance Proof of income may include:
- Copies of check stubs showing pre-tax wages from full-time, part-time, or self-employment
- Statement from Employment Security Department for all unemployed adult(s)
- Statement from Office of Child Support Enforcement, if one or more natural parents are not in the household
- Copy of award letter or bank statement showing automatic deposits of Social Security, SSI, Veteran's Administration, or other pensions or disability payments
- Identifying information for all household members (names, dates of birth, social security numbers) o Copy of utility bill

Question & Answers (8)

  • User replied on Wednesday, September 6, 2023:

    Light bill

Write Your Review

User Reviews

Reviews of Mid Delta Community Services MDCS Helena
  • Oct 7, 2020

    I used to be short listed in the program. My Entergy bill is due on the 11th and it is $100

  • Sep 3, 2022

    Do you help a single mom with a four year old girl with the gas and light bill. That's on disability check and food stamp.

Nearby Energy Assistance Offices

Tunica County, MS Community Action LIHEAP Utility Assistance

3092 Highway 61 South
Tunica, MS - 38676
(662) 363-2751

Coahoma Opportunities Community Action LIHEAP Utility Assistance

115 Issaquena Ave.
Clarksdale, MS - 38614
(662) 624-4887

Quitman County, MS Community Action LIHEAP Utility Assistance

341 Pecan St.
Marks, MS - 38646
(662) 326-8131